Bio-Techne unites some of Life Sciences’ most distinguished brands to deliver more than 350,0000 innovative and high-quality products to the Cell & Gene Therapy market. Our collaborative family of brands, which includes R&D Systems®, Novus Biologicals®, Tocris Bioscience ®, ProteinSimple®, manufactures small molecules, proteins, and antibody products required to meet the demands of therapeutic development.
Complementing our range of biological products, Bio-Techne produces an expansive range of next-generation protein analysis platforms, award-winning immunoassays and reliable diagnostic technologies tailored for the cell therapy manufacturing process. Our drive to deliver the best user experience for our customers includes our extensive product quality control and custom manufacturing services.
How Bio-techne is supporting the cell & gene therapy market:
GMP-grade products: R&D Systems®, Novus Biologicals®, Tocris Bioscience ®, offer a range of GMP compliant cytokines, cell activation kits, small molecules, antibodies and other proteins as raw materials or as ancillary proteins used in manufacturing. These are produced with the quality, consistency and attention to detail needed to meet the meet the stringent requirements necessary for their use.
Protein analysis platforms - ProteinSimple develops protein analysis platforms for Simple PlexTM assays, Simple WesternTM assays, and Single-Cell Westerns. Next generation analytical platforms, iCETM platforms (iCE3 and Maurice), Micro-Flow ImagingTM (MFI), FluorChemTM imagers and AlphaImagers. Our platforms provide scalability required for production and are applicable across all stages of process development.
ELISAs and Luminex® assays – We offer 700 analytes spanning 12 species, including Quantikine® and DuoSet® ELISA kits. Legendary reproducibility and unrivalled reputation have made our ELISA’s the gold standard. We are also experts in bead-based multiplex assays, with the largest multiplex selection available, simultaneously analysing up to 100 analytes.
GMP Cell Processing and Genome Engineering Services – Partner with our experts to develop an optimized process to take your CAR or TCR therapy to the clinic. We provide CDMO services for your gene modified therapy to process your phase I and phase II clinical trials.
Simple Plex – The SimplePlex assay hosted on Ella, our automated immunoassay system, can rapidly quantify biomarker expression levels during different stages of cell processing and development. The robust, automated, and reproducible nature of Simple Plex assay removes user error and allows for process standardisation and assay transfer needed for GMP compliant environments.
Gene Expression Analysis Services - Pharma Assay Services (PAS) provides RNAscope® ISH and BaseScope™ ISH assay services to support clinical and pre-clinical studies for global pharma and biotech partners. Tissue sectioning, ISH staining, high resolution full slide scanning, scoring, and image analysis are performed by a dedicated team of highly trained specialists, scientists, and board-certified pathologists.
- Simultaneous Visualization Of Small RNA's With RNA Biomarkers At Single Cell Resolution
- Increase Throughput And Save Time
- Accelerate Your Cell And Gene Therapy Analytics
- AAV Analysis Simplified: Helping You Help Patients Faster
- ExCellerate™ iPSC Expansion Medium
- Abby - The Next Generation Western Protein Analyzer
- Bioprocess Workflow Solutions
- TcBuster™ For Generation Of Stable Expression Cell Lines
- Stem Cell Research: A Guide To Using Small Molecules
- Experts In Cell Therapy Process Development
- Bio-Techne Recombinant Proteins
- GMP Small Molecules For Stem Cell Therapy
- Excellerate™ T Cell Expansion Media, Xeno-Free
- Cell Culture Media Services
- Bio-Techne Vaccine Workflow
- Pioneering Cell & Gene Therapy Solutions
- R&D Systems Antibody Custom Services
- Bio-Techne Immune Cell Isolation & Culture
- Novus Biologics Bulk & Custom Research Services
- Animal-Free Definitions For Ex Vivo Manufacturing
- Evolve Your Protein Analysis With Simple Western
- Milo - Single-Cell Westerns
- Jess - Your Complete Protein Analysis Solution
- See Sub-Visible Particles With Micro-Flow Imaging
- Maurice - One-Stop cIEF And CE-SDS
614 McKinley Place NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
- A Novel Platform For icIEF Fractionation Of Antibody Charge Variants
- Lentiviral Vector Characterization Made Easy
- Automated And Sensitive Benzonase Quantification In Whole-Cell Lysates
- Fast, Reproducible AAV Vector Quantification With Simple Plex Assays
- Dispensing Fungal Spores
- Dispensing Microalgae
- Single Nucleus Dispensing
- Single Cell Isolation With Minimal Input
- Generating Clonal GFP Cell Lines
- Rare Cell Isolation
- Use Of Maurice CE-SDS In ICH Q6B-Based Biosimilar Comparability Exercises
- Validating Targets For Targeted Protein Degradation Using dTAG – A Comprehensive Workflow Solution
- Organoids: Ideal Model Systems For Disease And Drug Screening?
- Producing Publication-Quality Data With Automated Western Blots
- Markers And Methods To Verify Mesenchymal Stem Cell Identity, Potency, And Quality
- Simple Western Advances Cutting-Edge Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Research
- Simple Western With Jess Uncovers Possible New Strategy To Prevent And Treat COVID-19
- Micro-Flow Imaging Enables Cutting Edge Biopharmaceutical Research
Learn from an analytical scientist about the demand for efficiency in bioprocess workflows that is driving a need for greater improvements in analytical assay performance and instrument automation.
Cell and gene therapies offer significant promise to treat life-threatening diseases, but getting therapies to market quickly and efficiently requires accurate testing of CQAs, including accurate viral vector analysis.
Hear how a variety of innovative analytical tools can support your gene therapy workflow from discovery to quality control and how they can address certain critical quality attributes of your therapeutic.
Antibodies play a critical role in research, diagnostics and therapeutics. Recombinant antibodies offer a wide range of quality attributes, with one key advantage being their amenability to sequence-based editing to meet specific research goals. Learn about the latest developments in recombinant antibody technology including a platform where recombinant antibodies can be rapidly engineered into diverse formats and novel molecules such as immunocytokines or bispecific antibodies.
Natural Killer Cells Or Contaminant? Imaged Based Micro-Flow Imaging (MFI), Sub-Visible Particle Solution, For Cell Therapy
Natural killer (NK) cell therapy is a rapid emerging field with several advantages over chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cells for cancer treatment. Like any biotherapeutic drug, cell-based therapeutics must also undergo tight scrutiny for their critical quality attributes (CQAs). There are different criteria evaluated for drug purity, with the presence of visible and sub-visible particulate matter being one of them. Particulate impurities can affect drug efficacy and stability but can cause undesirable immunogenicity and toxicity when injected. In this webinar, we will showcase Micro-Flow Imaging (MFI) as a sub-visible particle analysis solution to differentiate NK cells and its expansion components with either irradiated K-562 feeder cells or Cloudz™ microspheres.
Dr. Julie Wei discusses AAV empty and full separation using the icIEF method, showcasing how icIEF separates an AAV drug substance that could not be separated using other techniques.
Learn about measuring surface charge of an LNP-based mRNA vaccine for confirmation of LNP identity in a manufacturing setting, and stability assessment for process and formulation development.
In this webinar, we provide concise technical overviews of relevant platforms and specific examples of the roles automated analytical technologies play in the vaccine development workflow.