Colder Products Company advances steam-in-place technology with the introduction of Steam-Thru® Connections. The innovative design allows a quick and easy sterile connection between biopharmaceutical processing equipment and single-use bag and tube assemblies.
The Steam-Thru Connection’s patented three-port design allows steam to pass directly through the lower ports to "steam on" to stainless equipment. After the SIP cycle is completed, the connector’s valve is actuated, creating a sterile flow path to single-use systems. Media can then be safely transferred without the cleaning and validation concerns associated with reusable components.
The new Steam-Thru II builds upon this proven technology by offering the flexibility of "steam on" and "steam off" functionality. The innovative design allows the valve to be returned to the steam position enabling a second SIP cycle following media transfer. The "steam off" disconnection of disposable systems minimizes cross-contamination risks associated with reusable components.
Today’s biopharmaceutical manufacturers are meeting the challenges of increased productivity, reduced costs and decreased time to market with the help of Colder’s Steam-Thru Connections.
- Innovative design
- Tear-away sleeve
- Industry standard terminations
- Allows one-step steam-through process eliminates "dead legs" where bacteria can grow reduces number of connection points eliminates need for laminar flow hoods
- Saves time and money by eliminating unnecessary cleaning procedures reduces validation issues associated with reusable components
- Prevents accidental actuation, insures seal integrity, provides visual indicator of the process stage
- Speed connection to the bioreactor connects to popular sizes of flexible tubing
Applications may include:
- Flexible bag applications
- Media manufacturing
- Cell harvesting
- Bioreactor feeding
- Pilot plant facilities
- Pharmaceutical production